Thanksgiving is here! With so many rich, calorie-laden foods coming your way, I thought I’d share a 30 minute, fat burning, metabolism boosting work out for ya! Now, that doesn’t mean you can just splurge all out today, but it does mean you can have that piece of pumpkin pie! (Just one!)
The trick with getting through the holidays without feeling deprived (but also without feeling like you need to be rolled out of there) is balance. It’s about working out and keeping active, drinking lots of water, and taking the time to ENJOY every single bite. You’ll realize you don’t need so much food when you take the time to savor each mouthful.
Before we dive into the workout, I wanted to check you’d heard about about the Christmas Countdown Challenge I am doing. If you haven’t then you definitely need to check it out! Seriously, it’s going to be AH-MAZING!
⇒ Click here to learn more: www.getfoxyfit.com/25daysfitmas
OK now let’s get into the workout: there are 2 key aspects that make it super-effective…
- Cardio gets the heart rate up and doing it in the HIIT format we are doing below will help you burn more calories and fat for the rest of the day (not just during the workout).
- Muscle is your metabolism muscles – especially your legs muscles. Therefore, we are going to do a lot of leg stuff to really kick your metabolism into high gear!
Ready to get started? OK let’s go!!
- Do a quick 3 minute warm up consisting of jumping jacks, arm circles, high knees, etc.
Part 1 – 3x rounds of:
- 1 minute of jumping jacks
- 20x sumo squats (with weights)
- 30 second plank (challenge: do a whole minute if you can!)
Part 2 – 3x rounds of:
- 1 minute skaters (add weight if you would like)
- 15 bowlers (or curtsy) lunges each side
- 5 plank up downs each side (I made these up a few years ago, so here is the link to how to do them (this is a non-modified version; to modify, go to your knees)
Part 3 – Speed burn out round with 3x rounds of:
- 30 sec wall sit
- 15 jumping jacks
Stretch and BOOM! You are done!
PS: Before I go, if you haven’t checked out the 25 Days of Fitmas… umm, you are missing out! A recent study at Cornell University revealed that it takes 5 months for people to lose the holiday weight gain… don’t let that be you!